Friday, February 18, 2005

When I sit down with pen in hand....

WHEN I SIT DOWN WITH PEN IN HAND ,
AND TRY TO WRITE A SONG ,
SOMETIMES IT COMES SO LIGHTENING FAST ,
SOMETIMES IT TAKES SO LONG .......
SOMETIMES I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO SAY
SOMETIMES THE WORDS WON'T SHOW ,
SOMETIMES I RAMBLE ALL AROUND ,
NOT KNOWING WHERE TO GO .......
AND THEN LIKE GENIOUS , WORDS WILL FLY ,
SO FAST I FALL BEHIND ,
AND IT SOMETIMES SURPRIZES ME
THE MEANINGS I CAN FIND ........
I SEARCH SO HARD TO FIND A WAY ,
TO SAY GOOD THINGS TO YOU ,
YET WHEN THE WORDS WON'T COME TO ME ,
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ........
I LOOK FOR DEPTH WITH SHALLOW MIND ,
I DIG SO HARD YOU SEE ,
FOR WORDS TO SAY THOSE SPECIAL THINGS ,
SO YOU KNOW THEY ARE FROM ME ......
SO PLEASE BE KIND WHEN YOU READ MY SONGS ,
DON'T JUDGE TOO FAST TOO SOON ,
I ONLY TRY TO MAKE YOU SMILE ,
WHEN I OFFER YOU THE MOON ....
I TRY TO REACH INSIDE OF YOU ,
AND TOUCH YOUR VERY HEART ,
TO LET YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU SO ,
AND FROM YOU I NEVER PART !
written by: Gary L. Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home